1. GENERAL PROVISIONS - France For Rent LLC, Doing Business As "Paris For Rent” and “Paris Luxury Rentals”, hereafter referred as “FFR” offers real property vacation rental services to individuals, hereafter referred as “GUESTS” seeking to rent private residential accommodations for short-term vacations in France.
GUESTS acknowledge and understand that FFR does not own any rental accommodation and does undertake to act only as a peer-to-peer property rental company for private accommodations. GUESTS acknowledge the fact that none of the properties offered by FFR are wheelchair accessible.
2. RENT – Except for a cleaning fee, prices posted online are all inclusive (no taxes, commissions, or hidden fees). Note however that check-ins outside standard hours or on a Sunday; extra guests; and/or rental dates changes are subject to additional charges.
Unless GUESTS request in advance that a different form of payment be used for their balance payment, FFR shall process the credit card provided by GUESTS for their initial deposit when the balance comes due, 45 days prior to the first day of tenancy.
Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, Rent must be paid in full for the booking to be confirmed. FFR will provide client with written confirmation of the reservation once the required payment is received.
3. ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE – Unless other arrangements have been made in advance with FFR, occupancy commences at 4:00 PM on the Arrival Date and terminates at 10.00 AM on the Departure Date. Upon arrival, renters must provide a photocopy of each traveler’s passport and sign FFR’s standard check-in form. Morning check-ins from 9:00 AM can be arranged only if the previous guests have vacated the Premises the day before. FFR suggest that GUESTS book their apartment for the night before their arrival if they require a very early check in. Check-out is at 10:00AM on the day of departure.
Early check-ins from 7:00AM to 9:00 AM, late check-ins from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM and check-ins on a Sunday are subject to a US$75 fee charged to the credit card on file. After 10:00 PM, checkins are subject to a $150 night fee. Extra arrival coordination charges may apply if occupancy commences on Christmas Day, on Bastille Day or on New Years’ Day.
4. USE OF PREMISES – GUESTS agree to occupy the Premises peacefully and abide by customary standards of acceptable behavior in France:
RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY: GUESTS shall not use the premises as a business address, nor shall GUESTS conduct any business activities of any nature (such as, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, fashion shows or fashion displays, photo shoots, business meetings, business receptions, cocktail parties, professional food preparation, etc…) at the Premises without express written permission from FFR obtained prior to the first day of tenancy.
Any violation of the above provisions shall be deemed a material and incurable breach of contract and shall entitle FFR, the Owner and/or FFR’s local agent in France (“Local Agent”) to serve GUESTS and their party with an immediate notice to vacate, without refund of any monies paid, including the Security Deposit which will be forfeited, and notwithstanding civil action taken on account of the violation. Furthermore, any use of the premises deemed not strictly residential shall entitle FFR to charge GUESTS based on Commercial Rates. Commercial Rates are equal to 3 (three) times the amount of the Residential Rate.
5. PROPERTY PROTECTION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT – GUESTS are fully responsible for damages caused by GUESTS or GUESTS’ invitees to the Premises.
For any booking to be confirmed, FFR requires that GUESTS either:
Please note that FFR does not ‘nickel and dime’ GUESTS for small breakage such as wine glasses or plates, but FFR asks that the apartment be left tidy upon departure.
FFR cautions GUESTS against loosing keys and/or locking themselves out, as a fee shall apply to remedy any such situation. In case GUESTS find themselves locked-out, it is requested that they contact FFR’s local representatives, and not a locksmith (locksmith interventions come generally at hefty costs in Paris).
6. NUMBER OF GUESTS – Authorized GUESTS listed on the Vacation Reservation Agreement are the only persons allowed to occupy the Premises overnight. For insurance purposes, the total number of people present at the property at all times (adults and children) must not exceed the maximum number of sleeping places indicated in the property description. Any violation on this provision will result in loss of use of the property, not withstanding the charge of an additional “extra GUESTS” fee of $40 per person and per day to the credit card on file.
7. CANCELLATION CHARGES AND DATE CHANGE – All bookings can be canceled - no question asked - during 24 hours at no cost (no booking charge, no fee).
It is GUESTS’ responsibility to purchase trip cancellation insurance, which is strongly recommended. In the event of the cancellation of a booking, even if substituted by another booking, the following cancellation fees shall apply:
Should FFR, for any reason beyond their control including force majeure, be unable to provide GUESTS with the property they have booked, FFR may offer to transfer GUESTS to a similar property. If the price of the substituted property is less, the difference shall be reimbursed to GUESTS; if the price of the substituted property is higher, the difference will be charged to GUESTS.
If no alternative or no agreement can be found, both parties may cancel the reservation, and FFR shall refund GUESTS with all monies paid. FFR total liability shall be limited only to such amount advanced by GUESTS.
Date changes are not guaranteed and are subject to a non-refundable $195 rescheduling fee per change. All changes must be made no less than 45 days prior to the arrival date. No refunds will be given in the event the requested date(s) are not available. Price difference may apply. All other fees (Sunday, Early or Late Arrival fee) remain subject to a charge if applicable.
8. ERRORS, OMISSIONS, PRIOR BOOKINGS, CHANGE, AND WITHDRAWAL WITHOUT NOTICE – The descriptions of locations and accommodations are provided in good faith and based on the latest information provided by owners. However, FFR declines all responsibility for any modifications made by the owner of the property without FFR knowledge. Photographs of properties are non-contractual and will not be recognized as basis for any claim. Photographs are intended to give a general idea of the appearance and atmosphere of the property and serve no other purpose.
9. STATE OF THE PREMISES AND REPORTING OF ONSITE PROBLEMS – GUESTS agree to immediately inform FFR or its Local Agent of any issue related to the property or preventing a normal occupancy in writing. GUESTS acknowledge that any claim that was not brought to FFR’s attention in writing prior to leaving the property will not give rise to any compensation.
FFR is not liable for any temporary defects or stoppages in supply of electricity, gas, water, plumbing, A/C, cable TV, Internet access or telephone services. FFR is not liable for any inconvenience including noise nuisance incurred by GUESTS, whether such nuisance be related to street activity, early trash collection, building maintenance, facade renovation, or repairs performed in the building or in the immediate vicinity.
FFR is not liable for any pest/rodent infestation or any other adverse environmental conditions, including, but not limited to heat wave, freeze, humidity resulting in mold/fungus development, or other extreme climate conditions.
10. RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND LIABILITY INSURANCE – Absent the gross negligence or willful misconduct of FFR, GUESTS agree to indemnify and hold the owners harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever which may arise out of or in connection with GUESTS’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage/loss. GUESTS understand that FFR strongly recommends that they purchase personal or travelers insurance to cover any such damage or injury.
GUESTS understand that all valuables left in the Property are at GUESTS' own risks. It is GUESTS' responsibility to make sure proper precaution is taken against theft and burglary, such as locking doors or shutting windows upon leaving the premises.
In the event a Court determines that FFR has any liability hereunder, such liability shall be limited to the total fees paid by GUESTS to FFR pursuant to this Rental Agreement.
11. RIGHT OF ENTRY – FFR, Owner, their representatives and/or agents have the right to enter the Premises, at any time (i) for the purpose of making necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, improvements, for maintenance or to supply necessary or agreed services; (ii) to verify that GUESTS comply with the terms of this Agreement; or (iii) in case of emergency.
12. JOINT AND SEVERAL LIABILITY AND AUTHORITY – All persons signing this agreement as GUESTS shall remain jointly and severally liable for all obligations arising hereunder, whether or not they remain in actual possession of the Premises.
13. DISPUTES – Prior to initiating any action, each party agrees to inform the other party of any Complaint, and to make a good faith effort to resolve the issue amicably. If no such resolution can be reached, the parties agree to mediate or arbitrate such dispute or claim. The venue for mediation or arbitration initiated by any party hereto shall be San Francisco, California. In the event a dispute or claim is not resolved by mediation, such dispute or claim must be submitted to binding arbitration. The prevailing party in any mediation or arbitration shall be entitled to the award of attorneys’ fees and costs.
14. NO CONFLICTING TERMS – In case of a conflict between the terms of these general “Rental Terms and Conditions”, and the specific conditions of a Vacation Rental Agreement between GUESTS and FFR, the terms of the Vacation Rental Agreement shall govern.
1207 Bridgeway Suite I
Sausalito, CA 94965
info [at] parisforrent.com