1. GENERAL PROVISIONS – World Guests Abroad LLC, Doing Business As "Paris For Rent” and “Paris Luxury Rentals”, hereafter referred as “WGA” offers property vacation rental services to individuals, hereafter referred to as “GUESTS” seeking to rent private residential accommodations for short-term vacations in France.
GUESTS acknowledge and understand that WGA does not own any rental accommodation and does undertake to act only as a peer-to-peer property rental company for private accommodations. GUESTS acknowledge the fact that none of the properties offered by WGA are wheelchair accessible.
2. RENT – Except for a cleaning fee, prices posted online are all inclusive (no taxes, commissions, or hidden fees). Note however that check-ins outside standard hours or on a Sunday; extra guests; and/or rental dates changes are subject to additional charges.
Unless GUESTS request in advance that a different form of payment be used for their balance payment, WGA shall process the credit card provided by GUESTS for their initial deposit when the balance comes due, 45 days prior to the first day of tenancy.
Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, Rent and security deposit must be paid in full for the booking to be confirmed. WGA will provide client with written confirmation of the reservation once the required payment is received.
3. ARRIVAL and DEPARTURE – Unless other arrangements have been made in advance with a WGA booking agent, occupancy commences at 4:00 PM on the Arrival Date and terminates at 10:00 AM on the Departure Date. Morning check-ins from 9:00 AM can be arranged only if the previous guests have vacated the Premises the day before. For GUESTS who require a very early check-in WGA recommends to book the apartment the night prior to their arrival. Check-out is at 10:00 AM on the day of departure.
Early check-ins from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM, late check-ins from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM and check-ins on a Sunday are subject to a US$90 fee to be charged to the credit card on file. Earliest possible check-in is 7:00 AM. After 10:00 PM, check-ins are subject to a $150 night fee - latest possible check-in is 11:30 PM. An extra fee of $100 applies if occupancy commences on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Bastille Day.
4. USE OF PREMISES – GUESTS agree to occupy the Premises peacefully, including all common areas of the building, and abide by customary standards of acceptable behavior in France:
Any violation of the above provisions shall be deemed a material and incurable breach of contract and shall entitle WGA, the Owner, and/or WGA’s local agent in France (“Local Agent”) to serve GUESTS and their party with an immediate notice to vacate, without refund of any monies paid, including the Security Deposit which will be forfeited, and notwithstanding civil action taken on account of the violation.
5. PROPERTY PROTECTION AND SECURITY DEPOSIT – GUESTS are fully responsible for damages caused by GUESTS or GUESTS’ invitees to the Premises.
Remit a Security Deposit (“SD”) by check (from a US bank only - all checks are deposited) or by wire transfer. This non-interest bearing Security Deposit is returned 7 working days after the Departure Date, less:
Where damage caused by GUESTS or GUESTS’ invitees exceeds the amount of the Security Deposit, GUESTS expressly agree to reimburse WGA for the excess amount and expressly authorizes WGA to charge the credit card on file.
For most properties, and as an alternative to paying the Security Deposit (SD) by check or wire transfer, WGA offers the option to purchase a “Property Damage Protection Plan”, or PDP. This plan covers a maximum of $2,000 in damage repairs, replacement, parts and labor, including VTA French tax, for broken lamps, windows, table and dish ware, damaged doors, stained walls, furnishings, and fabrics. It does not cover damage to art pieces, art works, antiques, appliances, or damage associated with keys and locks such as jammed keys, lost keys, locksmith service, and lock replacement.
The “Property Damage Protection Plan” carries a deductible of $150.
Where damage caused by GUESTS or GUESTS’s invitees exceeds $2,000, GUESTS expressly agree to reimburse WGA for the excess amount and expressly authorize WGA to charge the credit card on file. Please note that WGA does not ‘nickel and dime’ GUESTS for small breakage such as wine glasses, plates, cooking pans. Small breakage should be reported to the local Paris agent. WGA requests that the apartment be left tidy upon departure.
WGA cautions GUESTS against losing keys and/or locking themselves out, as substantial fees will apply to remedy the situation. In case GUESTS find themselves locked-out, it is requested that they contact WGA’s local representatives, and not a locksmith (locksmith interventions come generally at hefty costs in Paris).
6. NUMBER OF GUESTS – Authorized GUESTS listed on the Vacation Reservation Agreement are the only persons allowed to occupy the Premises overnight. For insurance purposes, the total number of people present at the property at all times (adults and children) must not exceed the maximum number of sleeping places indicated in the property description. Any violation of this provision will result in loss of use of the property, notwithstanding the charge of an additional “extra GUESTS” fee of $40 per person and per day to the credit card on file.
7. CANCELLATION CHARGES AND DATE CHANGE – All bookings can be canceled - no question asked - during 24 hours at no cost (no booking charge, no fee).
It is GUESTS’ responsibility to purchase trip cancellation insurance, which is strongly recommended. In the event of the cancellation of a booking, even if substituted by another booking, the following cancellation fees shall apply:
Should WGA, for any reason beyond their control including force majeure, be unable to provide GUESTS with the property they have booked, WGA may offer to transfer GUESTS to a similar property. If the price of the substituted property is less, the difference shall be reimbursed to GUESTS; if the price of the substituted property is higher, the difference will be charged to GUESTS.
If no alternative or no agreement can be found, both parties may cancel the reservation, and WGA shall refund GUESTS with all monies paid. WGA total liability shall be limited only to such amount advanced by GUESTS.
Date changes are not guaranteed and are subject to a non-refundable rescheduling fee of $195 per change. All date changes must be made no less than 45 days prior to the arrival date. Price difference may apply. All other fees (Sunday, Early or Late Arrival fee) remain subject to a charge if applicable.
No refunds will be given in the event the requested date(s) are not available or the new dates reduce the length of stay.
8. ERRORS, OMISSIONS, PRIOR BOOKINGS, CHANGE, AND WITHDRAWAL WITHOUT NOTICE – Rental offerings are subject to errors, omissions, changes, withdrawal, approval of Renter and acceptance of contract by WGA.
The descriptions of locations and accommodations are provided in good faith and based on the latest information provided by owners. WGA declines all responsibility for any modifications made by the owner of the property without WGA knowledge. Photographs of properties are non-contractual and will not be recognized as basis for any claim. Photographs are intended to give a general idea of the appearance and atmosphere of the property and serve no other purpose.
9. STATE OF THE PREMISES AND REPORTING OF ONSITE PROBLEMS – GUESTS agree to immediately inform WGA or its Local Agent in writing of any issue related to the property that is preventing a normal occupancy. GUESTS acknowledge that any claim which was not brought to WGA’s attention in writing prior to leaving the property will not give rise to any compensation.
WGA is not liable for any temporary defects or stoppages in supply of electricity, gas, water, plumbing, A/C, cable TV, Internet access, or telephone services. WGA is not liable for any inconvenience including noise nuisance incurred by GUESTS, whether such nuisance be related to street activity, other occupants in the building or its vicinity, early trash collection, maintenance or repairs performed in the building or its immediate vicinity, facade renovation including scaffolding, obstruction of windows, stone sanding and blasting, storage of building material in the common areas, and worker movements.
WGA is not liable for any pest/rodent/insect infestation or any other adverse environmental conditions, including, but not limited to excessive rains, heat waves, freeze, thunder/hail storms, humidity resulting in mold/fungus development, or other extreme climate conditions.
10. RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND LIABILITY INSURANCE – Absent the gross negligence or willful misconduct of WGA, GUESTS agree to indemnify and hold the owners harmless for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever which may arise out of or in connection with GUESTS’ use and occupancy of the rental property, including but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage/loss. GUESTS understand that WGA strongly recommends that they purchase personal and/or travelers insurance to cover any such damage or injury.
GUESTS understand that all belongings and valuables left in the Property are at GUESTS' own risks. It is GUESTS' responsibility to properly lock doors and shut tight windows upon leaving the premises as proper precaution taken against theft and burglary. In the event a Court determines that WGA has any liability hereunder, such liability shall be limited to the total fees paid by GUESTS to WGA pursuant to this Rental Agreement.
11. RIGHT OF ENTRY – WGA, Owner, their representatives and/or agents have the right to enter the Premises, at any time (i) for the purpose of making necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, improvements, for maintenance or to supply necessary or agreed services;
12. JOINT AND SEVERAL LIABILITY AND AUTHORITY – All persons signing this agreement as GUESTS shall remain jointly and severally liable for all obligations arising hereunder, whether or not they remain in actual possession of the Premises.
13. DISPUTES – Prior to initiating any action, each party agrees to inform the other party of any Complaint, and to make a good faith effort to resolve the issue amicably. If no such resolution can be reached, the parties agree to mediate or arbitrate such dispute or claim. The venue for mediation or arbitration initiated by any party hereto shall be Austin, Texas. In the event a dispute or claim is not resolved by mediation, such dispute or claim must be submitted to binding arbitration. The prevailing party in any mediation or arbitration shall be entitled to the award of attorney’s fees and costs.
14. NO CONFLICTING TERMS – In case of a conflict between the terms of these general “Rental Terms and Conditions”, and the specific conditions of a Vacation Rental Agreement between GUESTS and WGA, the terms of the Vacation Rental Agreement shall govern.
If there are any questions regarding these Rental Terms and Conditions, you may contact us using the information below:
World Guests Abroad LLC
6629 Greensboro Drive
Austin, TX 78723
info [at] parisforrent.com